The Many Benefits of Taking Daily Naps
Research has shown that taking a nap each day can provide a range of benefits for children and adults alike. Greek researchers conducted a study with close to 400 men and women who were middle aged. They found that taking naps can reduce blood pressure, which can reduce the risk of heart attacks. In addition, those who sleep more often tend to be able to stay more focused, and they feel refreshed when they wake from a nap. Here are some other benefits of daily napping:
- Research has also found that a nap can help to boost productivity, as it can provide some downtime for the brain.
- Naps can also help with mood stability for both children and adults.
- Spanish scientists found that napping can reduce stress.
- The National Sleep Foundation believes that naps can help to restore alertness, reduce mistakes and accidents, and boost performance.
- A NASA study found that having a 40-minute nap could improve the performance of astronauts and military pilots by 34% and alertness by 100%.